Midland Local Section Awards
Each year, the Midland Section of the American Chemical Society presents awards to recognize outstanding achievement in the chemical sciences. Nominations for the 2023 awards are invited for awards shown at left.
Scope: Nominations will be considered for the following award categories:
- Outstanding Elementary Level Science Teaching
- Outstanding Middle Level Science Teaching
- Outstanding High School Chemistry Teaching
- Outstanding College Chemistry Teaching
- Science Education Volunteer of the Year
- Outstanding Achievement in the Promotion of Diversity in Chemistry, Related Sciences, and Engineering
(Not offered in 2023; awarded every other year)
- Outstanding Achievement and Promotion of the Chemical Sciences
- Outstanding Service to the American Chemical Society
- Outstanding Chemical Technician
- Outstanding High School / College Chemistry Students
- Team Innovation Award
Judging: Recipients of all awards will be selected by the Awards Committee with the exception of the Outstanding Achievement and Promotion of the Chemical Sciences award which judged by the Midland Section ACS Executive Committee.
Deadline: The deadline for nominations is Friday, March 31, 2023. Submissions received after the March 31 deadline will not be considered. The Midland ACS Local Section reserves the right to extend the nomination window. A notice of extension will be published on the Midland ACS website, midlandacs.org.
Submitting: Complete nomination packages should be submitted to Diana K. Deese, Chair, Midland Section ACS Awards Committee, Phone: (989) 636-9915, E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submissions must be accompanied by the name, position, address, and phone number of the nominator.
Electronic (e-mail) submissions are preferred. Mail or fax submissions are acceptable.
Yearly Awards Banquet: Award recipients as well as Chemistry Olympiad winners and Fifty/Sixty/Seventy Year ACS Members will be honored with certificates or plaques at the 2022 ACS Spring Recognition Dinner at the Great Hall Banquet & Convention Center, in Midland, on Wednesday evening, May 3, 2023. These individuals will also be featured in a follow-up article in The Midland Chemist. Electronic sign up is now open or download and complete this form.
National ACS Awards: Nominations for Midland Local Section ACS awards are, in many cases, eligible for National American Chemical Society Awards. Please consider nominating candidates at the ACS Awards site. Nominations for National ACS awards are open through November 1.